Whether you are responding to one of our surveys or we are communicating with you as a client we want you to know that your privacy is important to us and that we take great care in protecting your privacy and the information you choose to share with us to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of research and understanding your views and perceptions of consumer topics. For this purpose we will collect contact details including your name and organisation. We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information. When we contact you, we generally do so for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in research
- To confirm the details of research you have agreed to take part in
- To conduct research with you
- To update and to ensure that our records of your personal information are correct (applicable to those consenting to being part of an ongoing community or panel)
- To notify you if you have won a prize draw that we administered or to provide you with an incentive for taking part.
The information we collect can contain your personal opinions as well as personal information such as name, address, postcode, gender, occupation, age, date of birth, email address, telephone number etc. We may occasionally collect sensitive personal information such as political views.
Where relevant to the research being undertaken, we may collect business contact information, such as, company name, job title, and department. In addition, for online surveys we will record your IP address, which type of browser you are using, your screen size and other basic metrics.
The types of information
We may collect the following types of personal data about you
- contact and communications information, including:
- your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es))
- records of communications and interactions we have had with you
- biographical, educational and social information, including:
- your name, title, gender, nationality and date of birth
- lifestyle information and social circumstances
- your interests and extra-curricular activities
- financial information, including:
- work related information, including:
- details of your professional activities and interests;
Use of personal data
- To process your enquiry and provide the most appropriate response
- To send you information about our services which are applicable to you
- To request information about your services
- To contact you in order to take part in market research
- For other administrative purposes, for example to update you about changes to your terms and conditions of engagement
- For internal record-keeping including analysis and development of our websites
All of your survey responses are treated as confidential. We will never intentionally disclose your personal information or individual survey responses to the client that commissioned the study or any third parties.
How long your information is kept
Personal data relating to market research will be kept for 12 months following the end of each market research project, except where we have notified you we intend to keep it for longer (and you have not objected).
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure. Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice; you need further information about our privacy practices; wish to withdraw consent; exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website www.whyfive.co.za